Mfi dropping after ios10 update. Anyone else?

vortgrenade wrote:

did the latest ios 10.1 beta 2 fixed the problem?

Nope 😞

I bought a new ipad pro 12.9 and a steelseries stratus XL when NBA 2k17 came out. I played the game until the stupid update popup came out which crash my game. I updated so the popup wont ruin my game anymore. so from ios 9(didnt see the specific default version) I updated to 10.0.2. which has the problem of connection dropping same with other people here still connected but buttons doesnt work. also the same, disconnect and can reconnect again until only reset is the solution. I contacted steelseries about last week and they told me to test it to another game and test to another device. I tested it with my 9.3.5 iphone 6S and it only drop once but when I pressed the round button for the settings, It connected again automatically. I played more than an hour until I conclude their is no problem. on my 10.0.2 ipad 12.9 however, I tried it with another game and same issue. so IOS 10 should be the culprit, I tried asking steelseries if It could be ios 10's feature to disconnect device. but our game controllers is not capable to reconnect back, He said they will investigate the matter. It's good to know I have the same problem with you guys coming from different controller. currently I just play my game, always connecting again but getting bad ratings from my games bec. of this stupid glitch. hope apple shall fix this issue soon. "I just stumbled here and registered"

ChrBart wrote:

On a sidenote: has anyone found a controller, that does not have that issue?

No problem at all with the Nimbus, , I'm now running 10.1 beta 2, but it was fine on all other versions. on both my iPhone 7 plus and iPad mini 4

Last edited by Jackaluk (Oct 08 12:36 PM)

Just registered so I can contribute to the discussion. I too have the C.T.R.L.i and I am experiencing the same issues as described by another user - the pad goes off randomly, sometimes reconnecting solves the issues, at other times it wont reconnect or even restart until batteries are removed.

Haven't experienced any issues prior to iOS 10 updates. Currently on 10.0.2 on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7 -- both exhibit same issues.

I have a little bit of know-how, and will try to find out if the BT stack (implementation) in iOS 10 is the culprit. My hunch tells me its an ATT issue however. Its similar to SDP, but meant for low energy usage, and hence its likely that Apple chose it instead for MFI. Will report back with my findings. NB obviously even if ATT is at fault, there is nothing to be done, as the implementation is kernel level, and unlikely fixed by a kext.

Okay Folks,

not (yet) trying to sound all too euphoric here, but... 10.1 Beta 3 seems to have fixed our problem.

I tried Mirror's Edge Catalyst via "Playcast" (Awesome app! Check it out, if you own a PS4) and "Implosion" on my iPad Pro 9,7 with the C.T.R.L.i: After 1,5 hours without a single disconnect, I feel quite confident in saying that things seem to be back to normal. I will play some more later and report back, if anything fishy happens.

Yay!!

Last edited by ChrBart (Oct 10 12:21 PM)

Really? If many of you will confirm that it is fix, I will upgrade back. Days ago, I downgraded to 9.3.5. my nba progress is lost obviously.. bec. I am very annoyed of reconnecting again and again. I sent a tbug report to apple but they ask a log which I may not able to do now.

[update] Nope, not solved in iOS 10.1 Beta 3 .... The disconnects appear to occur less frequently tho.

yup, 10.1 Beta 3 seems to have solved the problem. Played for 2 hrs sharp using the CTRLi and no disconnects.

[edit] after another 2 hrs just one random disconnect - could be a fluke tho.

Last edited by Luke (Oct 13 3:28 AM)

10.1 beta 3 has sadly not fixed my issues with the CTRLi, it actually seems to be disconnecting faster. Maybe it depends on the game, I have been testing with Horizon Chase.

tomcooke wrote:

10.1 beta 3 has sadly not fixed my issues with the CTRLi, it actually seems to be disconnecting faster. Maybe it depends on the game, I have been testing with Horizon Chase.

Correct, it hasn't fixed the problem. But, at least for me, the disconnect rate has significantly decreased ...

On iOS 10.1 Beta 3 and am still getting the same issue with the C.T.R.L.i. The only difference I can tell is that *when* it will disconnect is less predictable.

I wonder if this is related?  Only thing in common is that both use Bluetooth (and I own both....)

https://bad-elf.com/blogs/bad-elf/alert … ing-ios-10

ALERT: Issue prevents Bluetooth connectivity with more than two iOS 10 devices

Summary: If you need to connect more than two iOS devices simultaneously to your Bad Elf GPS receiver, avoid upgrading to iOS 10 if you have not already done so.

After several customer reports we've verified that there is an issue preventing more than two devices running iOS 10 from connecting simultaneously to a single Bad Elf GPS receiver. This affects all of our Bluetooth GPS receivers, as well as those from other manufacturers.

Some additional notes:

The Bluetooth status screen on our LCD will show "(MAX)" when this situation is encountered.
Devices running iOS 7, iOS 8, and iOS 9 are not affected.
Devices running Windows or Android are not affected.
We've submitted a bug report to Apple and are working with them to isolate the issue. We will update this blog post as we get more information.

Tried forgetting my controller on my other two iOS devices in case it would help. Sadly no luck.

I'm assuming that Capt Moore is right. It seems like Bluetooth issues are cropping up with lots of devices.

Here's a whole thread of BMW owners complaining about iOS 10's Bluetooth on Apple's support forum: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/76 … 0&tstart=0