Mfi dropping after ios10 update. Anyone else?

Wetterthoun wrote:

Billavi wrote:

I haven't had any problems with my Nimbus under iOS 10, but I couldn't get my C.T.R.L.i. to work at all.  I downloaded the Mad Catz app to see if there was a firmware update (nope), then tried to button testing utility to make sure that everything was working.  It was.  When I next played something, it worked and stayed connected for about 30 minutes while playing two games (Space Marshals 2 and Xenowerk).

It's a possible work-around.  I'll try playing one game for a longer amount of time tomorrow.

*Update* nope. Still disconnects. And it goes completely dead and won't turn back on again until I take out the batteries

Yep. I have the same issues with the CTRLi. I also have to take out the batteriries to get it to connect again. Since the iOS 10.0.2 update, things have only gotten worse for me. The device will connect, but it doesn't function anymore in any game. Gonna reset my connection and see if that might fix something.

Same thing here I just updated my iPhone 6+ to 10.0.2 and my C.T.R.Li keeps disconnecting when I play 10 minutes of ninja boy adventures, I was able to play a couple hours of Jade Empire with minor issues but I haven't tried playing anything else yet.

Registered here to do a +1 post (unfortunately).

Mad Catz C.t.r.l.i Micro
iOS 10.0.2
iPhone 6
Games: Goblin Sword & Reckless Racing 3

Workaround that seems to work most of the time (but not always): remove a battery from the controller and put it back in. If that doesn't work: restart the iPhone.

Hope this will be resolved soon!

Last edited by MrAcid (Oct 17 4:49 AM)

Hello guys !
I will try with my CTRLi on my iPhone on iOS 10.1 B4 in a few hours !

Sadly I just recieved my Mad Catz CTRLi today. Wil try it asap because I'm at work at the moment. Just updated to iOS 10.1 BETA 4. I hope they solved the problem. Or else I need to buy a Nimbus witch works without a problem. A buddy of mine has it and had no problems. If only I could find a Nyko smart clip here in the Netherlands.

UPDATE: It didn't work with BETA 4. Same problem as everybody has. Unresponsive after 15 minutes of use. Returned the controller and waiting for a solution.

Last edited by DuvelDG (Oct 19 3:27 AM)

Last night I found a workaround while playing ninja boy adventures. I was able to get a whole hour or so of gaming from using the left analog/stick instead of the d-pad. Not sure if this fixes every game but it worked for ninja boy, after an hour and 15 the game crashed but the controller was still connected. i will try this on a few more games when I have time.

C.T.R.Li
iPhone 6+
iOS 10.0.2

I've had this issue since day one of the ios10 update. I have the PXN and an Air 2. I tried restarting the iPad, doing the so-called reset of network settings, forgetting and re-pairing the controller, all to no avail. There were instances when the controller would work for up to an hour, but those were very isolated instances. Most of the time the controller would stop responding after 5 to 15 minutes, although notably the bluetooth connection indicator shows the connection is still active.

I actually stashed the controller for weeks and only brought it out again today in hopes the issue has been fixed, but it happened again today. It's a shame since I really prefer mobile gaming and the PXN really made the ios gaming experience much better for me. Now it's just an annoyance and a wasted investment until Apple gets around to fixing this issue, if it ever does.

Games I tested this on: Goblin Sword, Oceanhorn, Phantom Cat Adventures, Swordigo, and NBA 2K16.

Last edited by mdcb (Oct 19 6:48 AM)

Registered to comment. This is very unfortunate. I just got my new iPhone 7+ and it has a lot more space than my older iPhone6s so i wanted to do more gaming. But now this...

I can be playing GTA: San Andreas when about 10-15 mins in (sometimes shorter) the controller (Mad Catz CTRLi) will stop working. I kept thinking it was the batteries at first, but I've since tried 3 sets of fresh batteries and no luck. The controller stays connected, but will just not respond to any buttons. Not even in the MadCatz app.

This is very strange and it's obviously a bug. Tweeted at both Apple Support and Madcatz and have not gotten a response from either.

Please note that remote works perfectly on my Apple TV and that I've submitted feedback to the devs via their feedback app. I hope this get's resolved soon. 😢

iPhone 7+
iOS 10 Beta 4

Mad Catz have tweeted just today that connectivity issues are a known issue with ios 10 - I've asked if they are actively involved in getting this fixed or what exactly their role is.

UPDATE: not giving too much away but they responded with "Most certainly.  We've reached out to Apple for a solution."

Last edited by ne1weknow (Oct 21 3:10 PM)

Well good to know that they actually reached out to apple ... but I'm not too sure we will see a fix anytime soon

[Edit] Beta 5 did not solve the problem

Last edited by Luke (Oct 24 4:41 AM)

Just awesome... Mad Catz say they haven't even had a response from Apple so they don't know if there will be a solution!

iOS 10.1 is out.  And in the changelog, 3rd party bluetooth connectivity issues is included. I'll try it with my PXN when I get home

Played NBA 2K17 for 40mins. No problem so far.

I tried my controller (Mad Catz CTRLi) when 10.1 was in beta and it didn't work. Same thing still seems to be true when I tested it today. Lots of people posting about it working now though, so I'm not sure if it's just me or not.

I can verify that my SteelSeries Stratus was not working in 10.0.x and is now working perfectly in 10.1. I am using an iPad Mini 4.

namestolen wrote:

I tried my controller (Mad Catz CTRLi) when 10.1 was in beta and it didn't work. Same thing still seems to be true when I tested it today. Lots of people posting about it working now though, so I'm not sure if it's just me or not.

I didn't do a full reset of my iPad. However, after installing 10.1, I "forgot" all the bluetooth devices (I had 4 saved), turned bluetooth off, hard reset the device (holding lock/home), turned bluetooth back on, paired the controller, and it worked. (oddly, just noting, after turning bluetooth back on, one device returned without a description, only a MAC address NN:NN:NN:NN:NN, which i had to also forget)
I also use bluetooth headphones for game audio and they worked together after re-pairing those.