Mfi dropping after ios10 update. Anyone else?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1 with MadCatz CTRLi here - controller disconnects and becomes unresponsive after about 20-30 mins. Removing the battery and replacing it, and then re-pairing seems to make it work again.

So it looks like 10.1 works better with some controllers (SteelSeries, PXN) but not with MadCatz maybe?

Also have a Gamevice for iPhone which works fine as expected (it's Lightning, not Bluetooth).

I am still having the same issues under 10.1 with my micro ctrli.

Hey
IOS 10.1 and CTRLi is still not working properly... it disconnects after 20 min...

I'm continuing to follow up with Mad Catz. I seem to have an ongoing conversation going with them and I get the feeling they don't know anything about the bluetooth connectivity fixes in iOS 10.1

Are we sure the other MFI controllers except madcatz normal/micro CTRL i are now working?

Pxn 6603 Speedy don't work

Problem actually on iOS 10.1

Please, support, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7722691

Mad Catz responded that not all connectivity issues were fixed in 10.1. They say they are still working with Apple to figure this out.

Thanks. Are these responses from private communication, or on a blog or other such web page?

This is a public Twitter conversation. Have a look at @MadCatz feed.

Hi Guys,

So can I ask a stupid question, is it still possible to downgrade back to 9.3.5 from 10.1? I'd like to test 10.1 and my PXN speedy, but I have a 14 hour flight coming up in the next week or so and I don't want to end up not being able to use my controller if it doesn't work.

IHogDogI wrote:

Hi Guys,

So can I ask a stupid question, is it still possible to downgrade back to 9.3.5 from 10.1? I'd like to test 10.1 and my PXN speedy, but I have a 14 hour flight coming up in the next week or so and I don't want to end up not being able to use my controller if it doesn't work.

It's possible, though there's no officially-recognized way to do it by Apple. I downgraded at 10.0.2 and it broke my iMessage, but controllers worked great.

Back up to 10.1 now and I'm having problems again.