iOS 9 and Mad Catz CTRLi not working

Hello I recently bought a micro ctrli from amazon, and it does not connect with my iPhone 5c running iOS 9.1 but it connect to an iPad with iOS 9.1 but it seems to be not working, the app does not recognize the buttons.
I know that my controller is not dead because is working on an iPad air with iOS 8.4.1.

So, do I suicide or just wait to an update?
Thanks.

Hmm, that's odd. Try re-pairing everything.

Download the Game Controller Tester app, see if it sees the C.T.R.L.i is connected.

Hello Kevin, thanks for answering. I downloaded the App and it only works on the iPad Air with iOS8.4.1 (I can play games) but in my iPhone 5c iOS9.1 it doesnt connect via bluetooth (can't pair), always prompt a connection error. I also tried in my iPad (4th gen) it connects via bluetooth with no errors (get paired) but any app (including the official app) recognize the controller. I have the Mad Catz Micro C.T.R.L.i.

I re-paired a lot of times, turning off ipad, turning off controller, turning on all, try to pairing and nothing. Maybe iOS9.1 issues? Thanks.

Last edited by rokimoki (Nov 05 2:14 PM)

Unlikely it would be an issue with 9.1, it works perfectly on mine. Make sure you "Forget" the controller from all of your devices' Bluetooth settings before attempting to re-pair

I contacted MadCatz and they told me that Apple has issues with bluetooth with iOS9 so, they told me to wait for an update. I "forget" the controller, and pair again. I will just wait... Thanks.

That's so odd, I really haven't had any issues with mine, even in iOS 9.1.

Hi!
I have the same problem here.
With my iPhone 5s the controller was doing well, but then i bought the iPhone 6s and it doesn't connect at all.

MrTom4hawk do you have the same iOS ?

Hey all, experiencing the same on iOS9.0 & 9.1 on an iPhone6.
Found it very difficult to connect, but not impossible.
How i managed to find success.
1: On iPhone remove/forget all Bluetooth Devices.
2: Turn off Bluetooth.
3: On C.T.R.L.i switch on and hold the BT button (4-5 seconds) until it's flashing quickly.
4: Whilst flashing quick,Turn on Bluetooth on iPhone.
5: Pair with C.T.R.L.i.

lemme know if this helps.

That's it!. Solved!, thx to MFIGamer!.

Hi, I'm having the same issue, I bought the CRTLI off eBay, and it looked new, I don't know what it looks like when you get it from Mad Catz, whether or not it's shrink wrapped, but when I try and pair it, it doesn't pair, I had to plug in a usb cable to it, and plug it into my mac to pair it,  but whenever I would go to a game the controller wouldn't work.

It doesn't pair with batteries in it, I'm wondering if maybe I got a defective one, or maybe I got ripped off. It also doesn't show up as the Mad Catz CTRLI, it shows up as GameController, which I found weird.

Thanks for any help.