Partial controller support in Deus Ex

I have a question about Deus Ex for iOS:  the other day when I tried to play it with my controller, even though it's not Mfi supported (as I know of) I got on screen promts that told me to push certain buttons on the controller to fire the gun for example. The controller did not respond. But it felt like the game knew it was connected but couldn't be used. Has anybody else had the same or similar experience. And is the game mfi compatible?

Sorry if I don't make sense. If so I will try to explain it better.

I have had the exact same experience. It seems to have some of the hooks for controller support baked in, but not full, actual support. So disappointing.

Would have been real nice to play with a controller. Hopefully they will add it later on.

I opted to split this into a new topic, for clarity.

There are actually a lot of games out there with incomplete controller support. In many cases, it's because the engine those games are programmed in includes a bunch of hooks for controller support, but the game isn't explicitly coded to take advantage of them.

Unity, for example, often provides camera control and pause button support in games, even if they don't support controllers in any other way.

As Deus Ex was cross-platform, there was probably some controller code left over from the Amazon version. Here's hoping the iOS build gets real support in the future...