New iPad Gamevice

Is there any indication that the iPad version won't be released until late in the month?  I have a iPad Pro 9.7 and bought a Nimbus a few days ago.  I have about 9 days to return it.  I'm thinking of doing that and getting the Gamevice.  One worry is that with the controller attached, it may be awkward to hold because of the weight and overall width.  I know the site editor used a prototype and said it felt fine though.

Avenger wrote:

Is there any indication that the iPad version won't be released until late in the month?  I have a iPad Pro 9.7 and bought a Nimbus a few days ago.  I have about 9 days to return it.  I'm thinking of doing that and getting the Gamevice.  One worry is that with the controller attached, it may be awkward to hold because of the weight and overall width.  I know the site editor used a prototype and said it felt fine though.

I think I'm going to return the Nimbus.  Kevin,  the iPad prototype Gamevice you tried wasn't awkward to use because of width and weight, correct?

Hey Avenger,

I'm not sure how the final version of the Gamevice will work with the new iPad Pro, but the prototype I used with my Air 2 was outstanding. I didn't have any issues at all with the width - everything felt natural while I was playing.

I like the Nimbus, but I like the Gamevice even more!

Thanks.  I returned the Nimbus today.  Now I just have to hope that the Gamevice comes out this month.

I wonder if the iPad version will still come out this month.  The month is almost over and gamevice hasn't updated us with any info.

It wouldn't be the Gamevice if it came out on time, would it? 😉

Kevin wrote:

It wouldn't be the Gamevice if it came out on time, would it? 😉

I know the iPad version was supposed to come out months ago.  But they did kind of give a definite date this time.  Gamevice is also doing weird things on twitter,  like announcing blog posts from months before.

It seemed more definite this time, yeah. I'm a bit more optimistic that it'll at least arrive NEXT month. It can't keep getting delayed forever...

I'm considering buying a mini or air eventually simply to get a gamevice because it's seems like the ultimate iOS gaming solution of me

Last edited by scwiffy (May 01 11:46 AM)

scwiffy wrote:

I'm considering buying a mini or air eventually simply to get a gamevice because it's seems like the ultimate iOS gaming solution of me

Be wary if you get an iPad mini 4.  The Gamevice doesn't fit it so well because it's thinner than the first three versions.  I have an iPhone 6s and an iPad mini 4 and an iPad Pro 9.7 and am waiting for the iPad version.  I could buy one for my iPhone but the review wasn't so good and who knows how well it'll fit the iPhone 7 coming out in a few months.

Avenger wrote:

scwiffy wrote:

Be wary if you get an iPad mini 4.  The Gamevice doesn't fit it so well because it's thinner than the first three versions.  I have an iPhone 6s and an iPad mini 4 and an iPad Pro 9.7 and am waiting for the iPad version.  I could buy one for my iPhone but the review wasn't so good and who knows how well it'll fit the iPhone 7 coming out in a few months.

Thanks for telling me, I wasn't aware it was thinner, then again I didn't know iPhone 7 was coming out soon! The 6s hasn't even been out that long has it?

Phones have a life cycle of about 1 year. Since the 6s came out in September 2015 (September 2014 for the 6, 2013 for 5c/5s, etc.), the 7 will most likely come out this September.

Last edited by DemortionMobile (May 02 9:23 AM)

Yeah, the 7 will probably be out in September or October, based on history. No clue if it'll work with the Gamevice. My gut says yes, but I wouldn't count on it.

I use an iPad Mini 4 with gamevice and it's amazing, no regrets. I previously had the gamevice with iPhone 6 Plus and it was a bit awkward on the triggers. The extra real estate on the screen really makes a difference - AG Drive and Heroki are personal faves at the moment. Haven't really noticed a particular loose fit to be honest. I found both gamevices infinitely better than my Moga Rebel that just ended up gathering dust. I imagine an iPad with gamevice would be quite heavy and a bit bulky?

desertmonkey666 wrote:

I use an iPad Mini 4 with gamevice and it's amazing, no regrets. I previously had the gamevice with iPhone 6 Plus and it was a bit awkward on the triggers. The extra real estate on the screen really makes a difference - AG Drive and Heroki are personal faves at the moment. Haven't really noticed a particular loose fit to be honest. I found both gamevices infinitely better than my Moga Rebel that just ended up gathering dust. I imagine an iPad with gamevice would be quite heavy and a bit bulky?

That's good to hear.  Though I have read reviews with people complaining abt.the fit with the mini 4.