Phone mount for controller ?

Im looking to mount an iPhone or maybe even an iPad mini to an xbone controller. Pretty much to stream PC games to the device while at home. The Nyko mount is discontinued and really expensive for me to get ( close to $100 AUD).

Does have any ideas or alternative mounts ? I'm trying to avoid Bluetooth MFI solutions because I'm sick of dealing with second rate controllers / input lag / iOS updates breaking compatability - all that kinda stuff.

Thanks for any tips!

you're out of luck, the nyko was kinda the only option until they discontinued it. All the suppliers realized this, and marked up the clamp a LOT. it sucks for sure...

i found a nyko smart clip for $35 off of ebay, basically the last one i saw that was under $80.

get a UtorCase from shapeway.com for $22 including shipping. Just got mine yesterday and it works great! I picked the xbox one iphone 6 model, fits my phone perfectly. I had to use a  twist tie to make it  a snug fit on my nimbus,otherwise its a pretty close fit. who knows you could ask them to design a model for the nimbus controller since they 3d print their orders.

You could always try this method. May not be as nice as other options, but is much less expensive!

Butters wrote:

Im looking to mount an iPhone or maybe even an iPad mini to an xbone controller. Pretty much to stream PC games to the device while at home. The Nyko mount is discontinued and really expensive for me to get ( close to $100 AUD).

Does have any ideas or alternative mounts ? I'm trying to avoid Bluetooth MFI solutions because I'm sick of dealing with second rate controllers / input lag / iOS updates breaking compatability - all that kinda stuff.

Thanks for any tips!

Check my post out, best combination possible!! I actually have a second clip spare just in case other one ever breaks! Love that I can fit my iPad mini 4 in there as well!!

https://afterpad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=295

edit

sorry had not properly read your post, shame the clips are so hard too get now, I got a second  one becUse PB Tech in NZ were clearing them out for $16 NZD, that was only about a month ago!!

Last edited by Jackaluk (Nov 14 2:35 AM)

Hey Everyone,

UtorCase maker here 😊

Found this thread via Google. Just released a mount for the Nimbus 😊 Turned out great. Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5jM_vNp5X8

Butters wrote:

Thanks for any tips!

I paid $15 (shipping included) for this clip that's made for the Xbox one controller, I use it for my nimbus and it works great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MSX55 … UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by JohnnyDGeez (Apr 26 6:43 PM)