News Sites Are Fatter And Slower Than Ever

Thanks for the link, Kevin. I hate news sites and the extra bulk they think they have to bombard you with to make money.

A few years ago, I dreamed of starting a company that you could pay to get ad-less articles from any affiliate news source. Heck, that you could pay to get ad-less sites in general, or that one movie or show on Netflix, or from Hulu but without ads.

Most people who use the internet for news use aggregator systems like RSS, Flipboard, Google News, or the upcoming iOS News app. I would love to use one of those without paywalls or ads. I tried Instapaper (a fantastic service, bytheway), but find I don't often return to articles if I don't read them right away. My preferred method these days is to clip a clean article to Evernote in case I want to reference it later.

I appreciate the work you've put into making this site clean and fast. It makes a huge difference.

Last edited by Lift the Camel (Jul 13 10:32 PM)

I try my best with this site to make it a nice place to read! But considering I don't even run ads here right now, I couldn't care less if people would rather read in Instapaper or something like that - one of the nice things about running your own site 😜

It took me a while to get used to the whole "read later" thing, but now it's just part of my routine! Using Reeder, it's just a quick swipe left on any RSS article to automatically send it to Instapaper for reading - I triage my feeds, save the ones I want, and mark the rest as read. Takes a couple of minutes, and then I can get to reading 😉

Even if you don't want to read article later, one of the nice things about Reeder is that it includes a "Readability" button in the feed preview page, allowing you to get the "read later" view of any article, for immediate reading.

I haven't tried Evernote in a long time, but I know a lot of people are big fans of it. Might be time to give it another look...

Hi! In the digital age, everyone needs a reliable source of information, and for many, that is CNN. The company offers a comprehensive view of current events, and this helps the viewer understand what is happening and independently assess a particular situation. For those who have never used this news resource, it will be useful to read here https://cnn.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html and everyone will understand why it is so popular, and perhaps use it.