Does MC5 work with a MOGA Ace controller?

I've recenty gotten Modern Combat 5: Blackout for my iPhone 5c, and I'm interested in purchasing a MOGA Ace controller. Can anyone here confirm that MC5 works just fine with a MOGA Ace? If not, can anybody who uses a controller to play MC5 tell me what they use, or a list of controllers that would work just fine with MC5? Really looking for an answer.

Hi Jinx,

Note: Moga Ace Power is a "formfitting" extended MFi Controller & only works with these iOS devices:
iPhone 5,5C,5S,SE
iPod 5th,6th Gen
"Formfitting" just means your iOS device sits inside the controller and is connected via the Lightning connection.
"Extended" means it has the Triggers & Analogue sticks
Other Formfitting extended MFi controllers available are from Gamevice, although they are great controllers they are $99, unlike the Moga you are looking at, which you can probably pick up for around $10.
All Other controllers are mostly Bluetooth extended and will work on any iOS Device (with a lightning port)

Ok now for the Modern Combat 5 info:

I play a lot of MC5 & it requires an "extended" controller to play, i have around 10 MFi Controllers (most of em), to be honest i prefer using a MOGA Rebel for MC5 and my iPad, i find the larger sticks give a more smooth precision for aiming and also , & this is the main point. i use a small portable 2000 mAh power bank plugged into the controller so it is always on charge and held with the MOGA Grip, this give me "unlimited" playtime, i've found after 3-4 hours of "continuous" play all controllers need to be charged,so i use this setup for maximum game time.

MC5 on the MOGA Ace plays ok, (i mean all buttons/menus work perfectly the same as any other BT GamePad.)
What i mean by ok is the small analogue sticks are very fast at aiming (because they are small), this makes it difficult to aim perfectly, i find i needed to turn the controller sensitivity settings down in the MC5 menu when playing with an Ace.

MOGA Ace is a good cheap option for on the go gaming (in the car/bus/train ect) and the extra larger battery to charge your iPhone is always welcome, (MC5 is very power hungry and will soon drain your phone battery)

MFi Controllers that work with MC5 are:

MOGA Ace Power.
MOGA Rebel.
MadCatz C.T.R.L.i.
MadCatz C.T.R.L.i Micro.
Steelseries Stratus.
Steelseries Stratus XL.
Steelseries Nimbus.
Hori Horipad Wireless.
Hori Ultimate.
PXN Speedy.
GameVice for iPad Mini
GameVice for iPhone

Sorry for the long reply if you need any other info just ask. 😉 see you on the battlefield

Last edited by MFiGamer (Apr 07 2:09 AM)