Mfi dropping after ios10 update. Anyone else?

I just upgraded both iOS devices, of course I own both a MC.T.R.Li and PXN controllers (I prefer the Xbox layout.)

Hopefully this gets fixed by a quick firmware update or iOS update. I will try to test the controllers when I have time.

Last edited by Capt Moore (Sep 25 10:02 AM)

BTW, if anyone wants to subscribe to this thread, I fixed subscriptions in the forum - they seemed to be broken for many people!

Hello
Here is my story :
I was using iOS 10 Beta with the C.T.R.LI controller. Sometimes, when I was playing, the device didn't response after a few minuts. To solve that : unpair and pair...

I called madcatz support, they sent me annex C.T.R.LI. I tried it and... same thing. I tried with the iOS 10.0.1 and with iOS 10.1 and same issue...

alexniac wrote:

Hello
Here is my story :
I was using iOS 10 Beta with the C.T.R.LI controller. Sometimes, when I was playing, the device didn't response after a few minuts. To solve that : unpair and pair...

I called madcatz support, they sent me annex C.T.R.LI. I tried it and... same thing. I tried with the iOS 10.0.1 and with iOS 10.1 and same issue...

Did you file an issue with Apple at that time?

Noah wrote:

alexniac wrote:

Hello
Here is my story :

Did you file an issue with Apple at that time?

Yes, I did it during the week-end..

alexniac wrote:

Yes, I did it during the week-end..

Any updates on that ticket? None for mine so far.

Kevin wrote:

Hey,

The developer preview of iOS 10.1 is out. Would anyone who is experiencing this issue be willing to install the developer beta and see if the issue still shows up? Let me know, I can give you a link

I have installed the iOS 10.1 public beta. When my Horipad Wireless connection froze like usual around 7 minutes I reset the controller and this time it has stayed connected over 30 minutes.

Update:
Next day. Same 7 minutes then freeze.

Last edited by tbull (Sep 28 9:11 PM)

Has there been any press coverage of this outside of Afterpad? Seems like a big issue. Whole category of devices rendered useless.

I haven't had any problems with my Nimbus under iOS 10, but I couldn't get my C.T.R.L.i. to work at all.  I downloaded the Mad Catz app to see if there was a firmware update (nope), then tried to button testing utility to make sure that everything was working.  It was.  When I next played something, it worked and stayed connected for about 30 minutes while playing two games (Space Marshals 2 and Xenowerk).

It's a possible work-around.  I'll try playing one game for a longer amount of time tomorrow.

*Update* nope. Still disconnects. And it goes completely dead and won't turn back on again until I take out the batteries

Last edited by Billavi (Sep 29 8:46 PM)

Received a nimbus controller and it stays connected thru gameplay. my mad catz ctrli micro still disconnects. Perhaps it's an issue with the bt version of the controller, but the new iOS should still be backward compatible with older bt devices. I know the nimbus is bt 4.x. Just a theory. Also reported issue to several tech sites last week with no takers on reporting the issue

Billavi wrote:

I haven't had any problems with my Nimbus under iOS 10, but I couldn't get my C.T.R.L.i. to work at all.  I downloaded the Mad Catz app to see if there was a firmware update (nope), then tried to button testing utility to make sure that everything was working.  It was.  When I next played something, it worked and stayed connected for about 30 minutes while playing two games (Space Marshals 2 and Xenowerk).

It's a possible work-around.  I'll try playing one game for a longer amount of time tomorrow.

*Update* nope. Still disconnects. And it goes completely dead and won't turn back on again until I take out the batteries

Yep. I have the same issues with the CTRLi. I also have to take out the batteriries to get it to connect again. Since the iOS 10.0.2 update, things have only gotten worse for me. The device will connect, but it doesn't function anymore in any game. Gonna reset my connection and see if that might fix something.

Hi

I registered just now to join in this discussion - Mad Catz Ctrli owner here with the same disconnect issues since ios 10.

First and foremost I'm glad to see that it's not just me with these issues - strength in numbers will hopefully see some fixes in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, what is the recommended action I should take to ensure this issue gets the attention it deserves? I see plenty of you have logged an issue with Apple - do I just search for ios 10 on apple's site?

Cheers
Matt

Also here with a Mad Catz Ctrli. I want to do a little more testing, but something that I found was that these issues crop up more frequently with some games more than others.

I first started experiencing issues playing Infinite Tanks, but when I switched to Wayward Souls and Space Marshals 2, things seemed to work fine. I want to test them for longer, but I know when I play Infinite Tanks, I can't even get through one round without the disconnects and in a run of 5-6 floors of Wayward, I didn't experience any problem at all.

I got a response on my bug report from Apple, just saying it was a duplicate. The issue number is 27801229, but I don't think you can view issues you aren't a participant of.