Mfi dropping after ios10 update. Anyone else?

alexniac wrote:

Hello guys.
Apple asked me to provided a system log. My connection sucks (and the file is 200Mb) so I already uploaded it now.

In fact, I also uploaded 2 system log, so I hope they will help... the bug is ‼️so it should be important ?

Is your issue 27801229?

Noah wrote:

Is your issue 27801229?

Nope ! It's.... 28470110

Hello everyone who is having compatibility issues with SteelSeries Controllers after updating to iOS10. I spoke with Apple and it is technically that software update that is causing these problems. I can share the steps Apple walked me through that made my controller compatible again.

1) forget your device in Bluetooth settings.
2) turn controller off
3) hard iPad Reset - hold power button and home button down UNTIL white Apple Logo appears
4) try finding your device again in Bluetooth settings
5) connect to a MFi compatible game

If this does not work. Do all steps listed above, only delete those MFi compatible games and then upload game again after completing steps above. I know you will lose progress but you might be able to back up game progress in iCloud.
I hope this helps. Jamie

StarrLITE wrote:

Hello everyone who is having compatibility issues with SteelSeries Controllers after updating to iOS10. I spoke with Apple and it is technically that software update that is causing these problems. I can share the steps Apple walked me through that made my controller compatible again.

2) turn controller off
3) hard iPad Reset - hold power button and home button down UNTIL white Apple Logo appears

If this does not work. Do all steps listed above, only delete those MFi compatible games and then upload game again after completing steps above. I know you will lose progress but you might be able to back up game progress in iCloud.
I hope this helps. Jamie

2) turn controller off

I hope this helps. Jamie

I just got my Micro c.t.r.l.i today. I messed around for a few minutes on a bunch of games on an iPod touch 6 running iOS 9 without issue. I then played about an hour of GTA 3 on a first gen iPad Air running iOS 10.0.2 also without issue. I will update if I encounter anything odd.

Forget the controller does not change anything. In fact, it could for some users, but it may not be the same issue...

Disconnect or reconnect don't change. I tried with 2 different controllers and there is still an issue (who appeared with ios10)

Engineering has determined that your bug report (28470110) is a duplicate of another issue (28389769) and will be closed.

I hope the other guy is fast enough to provide information...

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been a bit absent the last couple of weeks... relocating to another country so not heaps of time to trouble shoot.

I also have a bug report in with apple. Bug ID 28403491.

I have just re-installed ios 10.0.2 and gone through the logging process twice. uploaded the sysdiagnosis to apple.

Like a few others in the thread I've had this and several others links in my bug report since I sent it in last update. So they are well aware they have a problem... one of many so I read.

Lets just hope they sort it out rather than sweeping it under the rug... now I think I will go back to 9.3.5 again 😜

Last edited by IHogDogI (Oct 05 8:20 AM)

I love my iOS devices, but it amazes me how many problems they have had with bluetooth devices over the years.  I have not figured out how to consistently get the MFI controller errors, or how to fix it afterwards except with multiple reboots of both devices.

Hopefully we will see a fix in the beta soon (or a firmware fix for the affected controllers.)

did the latest ios 10.1 beta 2 fixed the problem?

Hey Folks,

same Problem here. iPad Pro 9,7 128GB and iPad Pro 12,9 128GB.

I filed a bug at Apple (28649216):

Summary:
After a few minutes of gameplay - sometimes 5, sometimes 20 - two MFi Gamepads (Steelseries Stratus and Madcatz C.T.R.L.i.) both stop accepting inputs. They are still connected to the iPad Pro (9.7) but don't accept input in any app. The companion-app of the CTRLi does not show a connected device, while the settings app shows the controller as being connected. Turning the controllers off and on again usually works once: but after 5 to 20 minutes it stops recognizing input again; and after that only a reboot of the iPad re-enables the connection between the devices. This is also happening on the 12,9" iPad Pro of my wife and there are various users on afterpad.com that have the same issue.

Addition: I forgot the device under settings > bluetooth and re-paired it (problem persists), I reset the controllers (problem persists), I reset my network settings (problem persists), reset the iPad and recovered from an iCloud Backup (problem persists) and even set up my iPad as a new device (problem persists). Help.

Addition 2: I don't have any other devices connected to the iPad at a time. Only one of the controllers is paired with the iPad.

On a sidenote: has anyone found a controller, that does not have that issue?

my new steel series nimbus has been working reliably and w/o bluetooth dropping. my mad catz ctrli micro still drops and i returned the pxn speedy for dropping as well. i'm still not certain why the nimbus works while the other two don't but have feeling it may be the bt version of the hardware itself. that's just a theory.

Interesting! So that means that Steelseries has a working controller (Nimbus) and one that sports the disconnecting issue (Stratus). Maybe we should send them an e-mail regarding this: maybe they can at least tell us if they have different bt modules or something.

Last edited by ChrBart (Oct 06 5:41 AM)