Reviewed: The Horipad

After a long wait, I finally published my review of the Horipad!

http://afterpad.com/post/116321147520/t … pad-review

That might be my next controller.  Depending on when the Gamevice comes out, I might grab the Horipad...I can't pull the trigger on it yet because I want some way to have the controller and my iPad mini in one unit...makes it easier to play for me.

GeorgeTKE wrote:

That might be my next controller.  Depending on when the Gamevice comes out, I might grab the Horipad...I can't pull the trigger on it yet because I want some way to have the controller and my iPad mini in one unit...makes it easier to play for me.

Welcome to the site 😊

The Horipad is my favorite standalone controller, but the Gamevice is a better controller. And I prefer its form-factor to using a Bluetooth controller and iPad dock.

I CANNOT wait until the Game vice is FINALLY released!  I am wondering if maybe they are waiting for maybe E3 or something.  At one point there was some option to buy it, but every time I went through the checkout, I got an error message.  GRR!!  So excited!

GeorgeTKE wrote:

I CANNOT wait until the Game vice is FINALLY released!  I am wondering if maybe they are waiting for maybe E3 or something.  At one point there was some option to buy it, but every time I went through the checkout, I got an error message.  GRR!!  So excited!

It'll be worth the wait! And the wait won't be that much longer

I saw the app go live, from your site, and I have it already downloaded on my iPad!  So close!

The Horipad is now in stock at the Apple Store!

http://afterpad.com/post/119459751130/h … pple-store

If you've been holding out to get one somewhere other than Amazon, now's your chance.

Unfortunately the Horipad is not available in the UK Apple store, but is available from Amazon UK.

That's too bad. Hopefully they'll release it in the UK Apple Store soon.

I've been holding out for a controller, got a lot of mfi games already, I want the gamevice but they said a march release and now it's almost June, so I think I might abandon the gamevice for hori.  I have no reason for 2 controllers.  If they would only tell us something other then SOON, I might would wait.

Believe me, the wait is hurting them more than its hurting you - the Gamevice is coming!

With that said, the Horipad is an outstanding controller, and you'd probably be perfectly happy with it

Just want to say that I ended up picking up one of these on the virtue of this review and, while I'll probably be moving my iPad gaming over to a Gamevice once it shows up, this really is an incredible controller. It looks like it's going to be a cheesy piece of crap, but all of the buttons (ESPECIALLY the d-pad) are responsive and feel incredibly tactile, and I've never had any issues with Bluetooth connectivity or anything.

trdn89 wrote:

Just want to say that I ended up picking up one of these on the virtue of this review and, while I'll probably be moving my iPad gaming over to a Gamevice once it shows up, this really is an incredible controller. It looks like it's going to be a cheesy piece of crap, but all of the buttons (ESPECIALLY the d-pad) are responsive and feel incredibly tactile, and I've never had any issues with Bluetooth connectivity or anything.

Welcome to the site; I'm glad you're enjoying the Horipad!

You're right about the looks - it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it is, but when you get past that, it's probably my second-favorite iOS controller (behind the Gamevice)

I did have Bluetooth issues with my first unit, and I ended up returning it and replacing it, so be careful during the pairing process. No clue what went wrong, but the second unit is working great!