Mfi dropping after ios10 update. Anyone else?

Unless your iPad 2 is jailbroken, no MFi controller will work. Only devices that use a lightning connector are compatible.

I played about an hour today with my micro CTRLi now that ios 10.2 has released without any dropouts. I think this issue is finally fixed.

Played Goblin Sword. No issue or whatsoever. Will try with Bastion. Usually I'm having the most problem when playing that.

I'm disappointed to report that my brand new PXN Speedy Controller is still not registering as a new device with iOS 10.2 😢

Looking like I might never get this device to work now. iOS continues to not recognise it as a device in the normal Bluetooth pairing process when the controller is in discovery mode.

Bearward wrote:

I'm disappointed to report that my brand new PXN Speedy Controller is still not registering as a new device with iOS 10.2 😢

Looking like I might never get this device to work now. iOS continues to not recognise it as a device in the normal Bluetooth pairing process when the controller is in discovery mode.

Maybe faulty controller? I'm using PXN Speedy, no problem or whatsoever with 10.2, or you could try a fresh restore on your iPhone if you don't mind

I'm psyched that people are reporting 10.2 as a fix, I've been holding out on playing GOF2 until I could use my Speedy 😊

Another confirmed 10.2 MFI fix. I have an iPhone 7+. Both the SteelSeries Stratus XL and the Moga Rebel are now functioning as intended on iOS 10.2. I just bought a Nimbus (heard the nimbus didn't have this problem, it didn't while on iOS 10.1) the other day because I was sick of waiting for some sort of fix for this issue. Joke's on me I suppose. lol. At least I have (arguably) the best MFI controller to add to my MFI collection/graveyard!

Glad to hear the problem is fixed, or at least much better! Just a shame it took this long...

thanks everyone, i can confirm my Speedy was faulty. can't believe waiting all this time to find that out. oh well that's life.

back to the drawing board. any suggestions for a controller similar to a PS4 controller confirmed to be working?

I guess i'll hold off on the lawsuit.

Stratus XL is currently NOT working on iOS 10.2. Just got one and it wasn't able to be detected by my iPad Air 2. It WAS however being detected by my Windows 10 Desktop via USB Dongle and by my chromebook, as a gaming device.

Kite Lion wrote:

Stratus XL is currently NOT working on iOS 10.2. Just got one and it wasn't able to be detected by my iPad Air 2. It WAS however being detected by my Windows 10 Desktop via USB Dongle and by my chromebook, as a gaming device.

Working fine here, same o/s and hardware.

Make sure you are not connected to anything else, ie Windows PC.
Best advice is Reset everything!
Reset iPad, Turn off Bluetooth 1st, then do a hard reset (hold Power button & Home button for 3 seconds),wait for reboot then turn on BT.
Reset StratusXL. this can be done by holding the BT button for 5 seconds.

Hope this helps.

Kite Lion wrote:

I will ask an admittedly stupid question.  There are two versions of the stratus XL, one that is a mfi controller for iOS, and another version that is for android/windows.  Are you sure you have the iOS version?

iOS version: https://steelseries.com/gaming-controll … xl-for-ios
Windows version: https://steelseries.com/gaming-controll … nd-android

Looking at the pictures, the windows version has two arrow buttons in the center, vs the iOS version.

good point Capt ! forgot about that one.

If it looks like this you have the Android PC version. (Which Doesn't work for iOS)

SteelSeries-Stratus-XL-press.jpg?itok=_R0KesTt

Last edited by MFiGamer (Dec 30 11:08 PM)