SteelSeries Nimbus R1 button failing

Hi Guys,

A couple of weeks back the R1 button on my Nimbus stopped responding. I finally got it replaced today and after about 35 minutes of playing, the R1 button has failed on the replacement! 😞 Has anyone else had this button stop working?

The button feels normal so I don't think it's a mechanical failure. Either an electronic part has failed or the firmware has perhaps become partly corrupted. I'm pretty sure I was playing on RetroArch both times the button stopped working. I can't believe the emulator would do something to break the controller but it seems such a specific failure that I do wonder if there's a link.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Mine stopped working but I don't know when. I was playing Disney Infinity and when I tried the to press the R1 Button it didn't seem to respond. So I don't think your the game.

Hi,

I've run into the same issue. The R1 button won't work - sometimes the game recognized it. But with Skylanders Superchargers it isn't usable anymore, because R1 is used to speed up the cars :-(

I opened a support ticket and hope they can help me. It seems to be a hardware or firmware issue. Other controllers are working fine.

Greetings,
Farlo