4th Gen Apple TV Discussion

Apple WWDC15 Schedule check out 1.30pm on Tuesday.

5bbb91dbe2c5a16afebbd7ff627b9c56_zpsut83lnjp.jpg

Fingers crossed... For what it's worth, I walked by Moscone yesterday, and they did have many TVs set up in the main room. But all the macs were running Yosemite's wallpaper, so I don't think there were any "spoilers" there

Looks like it involves media. Probably the new Music service?

I also hope they bring Playstation Now to Apple TV.

Noah wrote:

Looks like it involves media. Probably the new Music service?

I also hope they bring Playstation Now to Apple TV.

New music service is basically confirmed, would be shocked if that didn't happen.

PlayStation Now would obviously be incredible, but I'm not sure Sony would do it. They already COULD do it for iPhone, and they haven't...

Kevin wrote:

PlayStation Now would obviously be incredible, but I'm not sure Sony would do it. They already COULD do it for iPhone, and they haven't...

They've already indicated it would be on iOS in the past. I believe they either said iOS specifically, or non-Sony mobile devices or something, I don't recall. Their website says they'll be on Samsung TV's soon.

My wishful thinking is that Apple asked them to save the announcement for an event like this.

Noah wrote:

Kevin wrote:

They've already indicated it would be on iOS in the past. I believe they either said iOS specifically, or non-Sony mobile devices or something, I don't recall. Their website says they'll be on Samsung TV's soon.

My wishful thinking is that Apple asked them to save the announcement for an event like this.

I'd love to see it. It would be a big win for everyone involved.

My gut says it isn't happening yet, but it would be a heck of an announcement for a new Apple TV

Sadly WWDC has passed and the only thing I asked from Santa was a new Apple TV... :'(

Wake me up at the Fall 2015 keynote event!

It's coming, only question is when. Eventually they'll discontinue the A5 and be forced to update it 😜

Kevin wrote:

It's coming, only question is when. Eventually they'll discontinue the A5 and be forced to update it 😜

Long live the A5! ?

Lift the Camel wrote:

Kevin wrote:

Long live the A5! ?

It's a powerful chip! Apple has done a bad job optimizing iOS for it - earlier versions ran incredibly well

The rumors of a new Apple TV are rising again with a possible September release date alongside the new iPhone.
Anyone heard anything?
I would love a proper gaming Apple TV with App Store etc,time will tell I suppose.

I'm still holding out hope! According to everything I know, they've basically been done for months now, and have been trying to hold it back until they can negotiate content deals for TV and movies.

The latest round of rumors suggest they're just going to go ahead with the launch anyways, even without new content deals. From a gaming perspective, that would be nice...

Kevin wrote:

I'm still holding out hope! According to everything I know, they've basically been done for months now, and have been trying to hold it back until they can negotiate content deals for TV and movies.

The latest round of rumors suggest they're just going to go ahead with the launch anyways, even without new content deals. From a gaming perspective, that would be nice...

What he said, 😉
Basically to my knowledge the question is the same as Kev, ?when?,we know the hardware was completed ages ago, pesky content providers holding thing up.

We know now that they actually skipped a version with the iPod Touch. The version number is incremented by 2 from the previous version. Seems likely a minor update was skipped.

Woudn't surprise me one bit if the same thing happened with the Apple TV, and it's multiple version numbers higher than the current model 😉