Gamevice Live App Now Available

The best I can do is assure you that it IS coming. They didn't cancel it, Apple didn't block it, nothing like that.

Kevin wrote:

The best I can do is assure you that it IS coming. They didn't cancel it, Apple didn't block it, nothing like that.

Good, cause when I get a new iPad Air 3, I want to get one ?

I would like to to think they're getting ready for some sort of official reveal possibly at E3 this week as their facebook page has been updated quite a bit just recently.

Farmboy74 wrote:

I would like to to think they're getting ready for some sort of official reveal possibly at E3 this week as their facebook page has been updated quite a bit just recently.

They've been teasing at E3, taking pictures with random celebrities holding it and such. Not sure what the heck their marketing plan is, but hopefully it's getting ready to start.

They done the same with WikiPad, random celebrities...sigh..who actually cares???
A good marketing plan would be to SELL IT.
Don't really give 2 hoots which "B Celebrity" grinning ear to ear holding [INSERT PRODUCT HERE] for the camera FFS...
Reality is, GameVice has been sooo long in development and now in production.
Sounds awfully like they are stalling again.
i'm guessing it's because it's stuck in the Apple MFi "Sale" Approval stage which isn't their fault.
Otherwise we would have seen an "official price" & "product packaging artwork".
Any Company making MFi Product are not allowed to publicly declare these 2 points prior to MFi "Sale" approval it's part of Apple's policy.
Need proof?? Checkout their website
Not a mention of "Price" or "MFi Logo" anywhere, until then...(please keep checking) don't hold your breath for any release date.
What their "Marketing Dept" do instead is "use the media", blogs, forums, fansites etc..to declare this for them..thus avoiding any legal action from Apple.
Of course saying this they'll probably get the Apple green light tomorrow and it will be all systems go...LOL...so pls forgive my rant, but it has been a long long wait for this product & i'm tired of any marketing BS coming from them especially "celebrity photos"

BTW, Kev did you get any reply as to "what went wrong with the plan"? it's been 3 months...

AfterPad wrote:

If everything goes as planned, all iPad versions of the Gamevice should go on sale this March for a price of $99.

They seem to be using a company called Skunkworks for their PR, and judging from that company's Twitter account, they're very new to this 😞

Nothing about the way they're promoting the Gamevice right now is what I would do if I were in charge. But I'm a guy with a website, not a hardware manufacturer. The people I've met from Gamevice absolutely know what they're doing. I imagine they have a plan for promotion that's more ambitious than what's happening right now - if not, they're screwed.

As for answers... I've had an article saved and ready for almost a month with a lot of answers, but I'm waiting for the go-ahead before I can post it. I'll bug someone about it again tomorrow...

So July has come and they still have no info, pretty sure this is eventually getting canceled.  They still havnt started or even have a contract for distribution.  Maybe they need to go on shark tank show for funding lol.

Many distribution deals are in place, this is going to be one of the widest roll-outs yet for an MFi controller

I'm betting iPad Mini 4 will be released before this.
Will GameVice work with iPad Mini 4 ?

MFiGamer wrote:

I'm betting iPad Mini 4 will be released before this.
Will GameVice work with iPad Mini 4 ?

I'd imagine so, unless the iPad Mini's length/ width changes or unless the buttons are rearranged.

An iPad Mini 4 would probably work very well with it, since the current iPad Minis are A7 or below...

As people have already mentioned it's all very reminiscent of the Wikipad release, by the time it was released the tablet was nearly outdated I believe.

One problem they have at the minute is that people are loosing patience waiting, and all Gamevice keeping saying coming soon!

Another problem they now have it is now getting very close to the annual Ipad refresh (if Apple keep it to Oct) and people looking to upgrade (myself included) will wait to see if it fits the new Ipads before taking the plunge.

Overall I would say it will release sometime this year or why would you release an app on Itunes if it wasn't?

So for me time has come to give up on gamevice, going to move to a handheld controller.  So Kevin would you suggest mad catz for price or spend a little more and get hori.  Also what do you use to prop up your iPad for play sessions.

Amacon18 wrote:

So for me time has come to give up on gamevice, going to move to a handheld controller.  So Kevin would you suggest mad catz for price or spend a little more and get hori.  Also what do you use to prop up your iPad for play sessions.

I myself have giving up also, but basically because of onset of iPad Mini4, if the iPad Mini3 was not the bastardized collection of components apple "threw together" to do a mini rev then i would have bought it for that, so holding out for iPadMini4 hoping they do a proper job this time, then i will pick up the GameVice after iPadMini4. (i will ride on the back of my unicorn to the nearest Apple store myself to buy them.  😉 )
So that leaves us with reality & what we got today..

I would recommend the MADCATZ (bigger) C.T.R.L.i, over the HORI,
The HORI is a lot like playing with the original Playstation dualshock controller, the L2/R2 trigger button are not spring loaded & are more like the shoulder buttons, don't get me wrong they work fine just feel a bit odd after using newer Joypads like XBX1 or DS4 controllers.
The HORI comes with a little stand to hold your iPad, personally i've never used it as my iPad is in a protective case that folds out to be a stand anyway.

Analog sticks, i would give it to HORI on that one, but only by a fraction, the D-Pad is also probably the best on any MFi controller.
I have spent a lot of time with both controllers, i recommend both of them hands down,so it's really down to preference of layout, i recommend the MADCATZ over the HORI not because of it being better at this and that.. but purely on the fact i find myself using the MADCATZ the most.
Oh yeah.. and it's cheaper, hope this helps.

Last edited by MFiGamer (Jul 05 6:22 PM)

Amacon18 wrote:

Hmm, they're both great controllers!

Are you planning on just playing on the iPad? Because if you're planning on using the iPhone at all, the grip on the Mad Catz makes a huge improvement. If you're just using the iPad, the grip obviously doesn't matter.

I'd base my decision on the type of game you're planning on playing.

The Mad Catz has triggers - if you're a shooter fan, that is a huge improvement. The analog sticks are staggered, which is great for 3D platformers.

The Horipad has R2 and L2 shoulder buttons instead of triggers, just like the PS2 controller. The d-pad is the biggest win with the Horipad - it's WAY better than any other d-pad on any other MFi controller. If you're planning on playing side-scrollers, the d-pad is well worth the added cost.

My personal favorite of the two is the Horipad. But I'm a big fan of retro games and emulators. If you're not playing games that require the d-pad, or if you're primarily an Xbox gamer, the full-size C.T.R.L.i is a killer option.