Games that NEED MFi Controller Support!

There are a selection of excellent games out there on iOS that would be unbelievably better with proper controller support. Here's my small list so far:

- Sine Mora
- Castle of Illusion
- Mutant Mudds
- Ms. Splosion Man
- Stealth Inc.
- Deus Ex: The Fall
- Doom (and a handful of other classic FPSes, like Wolfenstein and Shadow Warrior)
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge (proper MFi support)

* Goat Simulator was taken off the list because it finally got controller support. Nice!

Last edited by BigPrimeNumbers (Dec 07 1:08 PM)

Great list. I would nominate Worms 3 to this list. While the game has MFi support, after talking with the developer I have confirmed it only officially supports the Logitech PowerShell and MOGA Power Ace.

I have the SteelSeries Stratus XL and while it works, the game crashes when trying to change weapons or accessing inventory in game. As long as you don't change weapons and play with bazookas only, it'll work fine. Great game nonetheless. Highly recommended!

Last edited by Ali (May 05 12:50 PM)

Great thread; couldn't agree more with all of these.

Shantae will likely be fixed someday, they're working on a sequel at the moment. Controller support was added to Doom and Wolfenstein's open source code, but who knows if ID will ever upgrade the apps

Drylands
Anything/Everything by Foursaken
Alien Breed
Order & Chaos
Shadowgun: Deadzone
Rocket Riot (along with multiplayer)
Dead Space
Critical Missions: SWAT
Blitz Brigade
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Max Payne

Last edited by Lift the Camel (May 07 2:11 PM)

-LostWinds 1 & 2
-Swordigo
-N.O.V.A. 3
-Giana Sisters
but I don't expect anything to happen in this direction...

callidus2000! wrote:

-LostWinds 1 & 2
-Swordigo
-N.O.V.A. 3
-Giana Sisters
but I don't expect anything to happen in this direction...

I would love to see support for N.O.V.A. 3! I almost bought one of these just for it: Duo Gamer.

Quadropus Rampage
and
Towelfight 2

I'm in quite a Butterscotch kind of mood.

slamraman wrote:

Quadropus Rampage
and
Towelfight 2

I'm in quite a Butterscotch kind of mood.

Welcome to the site!

I've never played either of those games; they look good though, I'll have to give them a look

Darius Burst
League of Evil 2
Meganoid
NBA Jam
Fatal Fury Special

I can wish most of these are pretty old apps (apart from Fatal Fury)

Totally Blitz Brigade!!!! 17 updates since initial release and no mfi support yet.

Sgill1036 wrote:

Totally Blitz Brigade!!!! 17 updates since initial release and no mfi support yet.

I agree!!! Every time it gets updated I get excited, thinking 'Maybe this time...'

I'm surprised it hasn't been updated, yeah. I think it already does support Gameloft's old controller; shouldn't be too hard to port it

Never mind, Blitz Brigade was JUST updated minutes ago. I guess they were waiting for me to reply 😜