About Minecraft PE's mfi support

Hi , I'd like to ask about the new update of MCPE for mfi support.
I tried it out with my MadCatz CTRLi
but it was quite terrible.
The camera turns terribly slow
and when I turn the camera while moving, it even lags or doesn't even respond.
My controller is in good shape , never dropped it, and it works flawlessly with other games.
Anybody with similar problems? or is it just me?
Thanks

janox wrote:

Hi , I'd like to ask about the new update of MCPE for mfi support.
I tried it out with my MadCatz CTRLi
but it was quite terrible.
The camera turns terribly slow
and when I turn the camera while moving, it even lags or doesn't even respond.
My controller is in good shape , never dropped it, and it works flawlessly with other games.
Anybody with similar problems? or is it just me?
Thanks

Hi Janox.
Good News it's not your controller.

I have tested it on all MFi Controllers & all do the same as you describe, it's 100% a bug in the App, one which i feel will be resolved soon by the Developer.
I compared iOS & the Android versions together with a connected a MOGA ProPower controller on Android & a SteelSeries Stratus XL to the iPad.
Launched multiplayer mode and joined in the same world , this was mainly to test the "cross platform" feature, by the way it works really well, apart from one device keeps losing chunks of the world.(anyway thats another bug).

This is when i cam across the iOS version camera bug you describe.

BTW Android version with a controller is flawless.

Last edited by MFiGamer (Sep 09 9:49 PM)

Thanks a lot!! Glad to know that my controllers is fine.
I hope they fix it soon

Here is Mojangs MineCraftPE Bug Report Submission page.
You need to sign up to submit a bug, but it's easy enough.

I'm already on their case, but more help to resolve this always helps 😉

MineCraft PE v 0.12.1 Bug Submission Site

Quick Update:
There are now about 5 of us complaining to Mojang on this issue,
Here is a video showing the issue made by Al Ruth:
https://youtu.be/M0Bg1eIUXU4
Thnx Al!

Still no response from Mojang on this... stay posted.

Last edited by MFiGamer (Sep 13 11:55 PM)

It's been 2 weeks since we reported the issue with iOS Minecraft sticking camera bug to Mojang, still nothing from them.

This goes for all people reporting on the same issue.

I know they take long to get around to fixing these things, but some sort of acknowledgement would be nice.

I recommend not playing it with an MFi Controller at the moment as it really is a pain to play. stay posted.

Ok its been well over 1month,
Finally today(19thOct) Mojang have assigned a coder to fix this issue, hopefully we'll see this resolved in the next update!

Which will be V0.12.3.

V0.12.3 is now available. camera bug still present!  (*sigh*)
It seems there was already an iOS app submission in the queue.

Just because Mojang was bought by Microsoft, does it mean they are now allowed to released bug ridden software.?
Maybe it was a part of microsoft policy.? " Your code needs to contain a certain number of bugs to justify a neverending update?".(ie. keep people in work).
Joking apart, I personally feel they added it deliberatly, i see no other MFi controller supported game exhibit this behaviour.

For someone as big as mojang to release a game of this magnitude with a bug that basically "makes the game unplayable" with a controller. Is downright unacceptable. Not actually sure why we are not bringing down a $*#t storm on mojang for this..
It is not like EVERY OTHER VERSION on other platforms (even android) the controller works flawlessly.
If this bug had been present in the XBOX version it would have "NEVER MADE IT OUT OF QA"..fact.
Maybe they are saying, sure guys we are one of the most profitable game franchises on the planet, but look we are still "indie".(instruct coder to introduce the bug).

Anyway rant over.. I believe the next version 0.12.4 this will he resolved, as basically the bug only got addressed a few days ago and V0.12.3 was already submitted for app review.

Last edited by MFiGamer (Oct 23 5:02 PM)

Doesn't seem to be fixed in 0.13.0 either 😢

Yeh, whatever, Mojang's official Bug reporting forum is a JOKE.
I got threatened to be banned because i posted same bug report twice once for each version.
Now its 3 versions deep and 3 months down the line since first reported, nothing is resolved.. lots of people not happy on there.

Weird. I figured it would be fixed by now; let me see if I can get in touch with someone

Hey guys,

Finally spend some time with Minecraft PE, and yeah, controller support is pretty messed up right now. Good news: there is a workaround that makes the game playable.

In the control settings, map your movement controls to the d-pad. If you do that, you can move your character with the d-pad and control the camera with the right analog stick, and there are no game-breaking issues.

Now that it's been a month or so, can anyone confirm if any updates have been made to this issue? Thanks in advance!