About the Site Feedback Section

Hello and welcome to the Site Feedback section of the AfterPad Forums!

This part of the forums was created to provide a place for people to leave feedback about the AfterPad site and forums.

In the time since I launched the site, I've recieved a great deal of feedback and suggestions, much of which I've incorporated into subsequent updates. This forum is designed to provide an even better way of collecting that feedback.

If you have any suggestions to make things better around here, don't be afraid to speak up, I'm happy to listen.

I'm hoping this will be a way to gauge interest in potential new developments, and see what things I should be spending my development time on.

Kudos Kevin for a great site. I've been a long time reader and check the site daily. It's become part of my daily routine.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Ali (May 05 12:54 PM)

Ali wrote:

Kudos Kevin for a great site. I've been a long time reader and check the site daily. It's become part of my daily routine.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

And welcome to the forums 😊

First up on the list of things to fix: emoticons...

Kevin wrote:

First up on the list of things to fix: emoticons...

But pancakes... 😊 😊 😊

Sorry, I disabled pancakes 😜

Like the design and speed however any plans to enable Tapatalk? Keep up the good work. Read the site daily.

Scott wrote:

Like the design and speed however any plans to enable Tapatalk? Keep up the good work. Read the site daily.

Thanks, glad you like it!

Honestly, no. I've seen Tapatalk aggressively pushing their ads all over various forums on the internet, and frankly, I find it really distasteful. They've made the internet a little bit worse for me, I'd be hesitant to support them.

Not to mention the 1 star their app is sitting with right now on the App Store.

As the forum grows, I'll need implement a better way to stay "in the loop" with everything going on. But focusing more on the theme, implementing more features in a mobile-friendly manner... that's probably where I'd want to spend my time.

Kevin wrote:

Scott wrote:

Thanks, glad you like it!

Honestly, no. I've seen Tapatalk aggressively pushing their ads all over various forums on the internet, and frankly, I find it really distasteful. They've made the internet a little bit worse for me, I'd be hesitant to support them.

Not to mention the 1 star their app is sitting with right now on the App Store.

As the forum grows, I'll need implement a better way to stay "in the loop" with everything going on. But focusing more on the theme, implementing more features in a mobile-friendly manner... that's probably where I'd want to spend my time.

I used Tapatalk for the last forum I participated in. It worked okay, since they didn't have a mobile friendly site. It was nice to have push notifications, etc. But the app sucks. I would much rather use a web app that I can add to my home screen for now.

Forum feature request:
-A link at the bottom of a feed to return you to the main forum screen.
-A way to quickly jump to unread posts in a thread.

Thanks!

Lift the Camel wrote:

Forum feature request:
-A link at the bottom of a feed to return you to the main forum screen.
-A way to quickly jump to unread posts in a thread.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

The first one is easy. It's technically there already (the navbar at the bottom has a forums button on the right that goes home), but I'll add a more clear navigation bar like the one at the top to the bottom eventually.

The second one is trickier. I agree it's a good feature, but everything I do on the site must work well on an iPhone 5-sized screen. Finding a place to put finger-sized button for new functionality is tricky.

Right now, if you tap on the latest post area, you go to the new post. If you tap on the thread title, you go to the first post.

Perhaps making it so logged-in users who tap the thread title go to the first unread post might be better...

Kevin wrote:

The first one is easy. It's technically there already (the navbar at the bottom has a forums button on the right that goes home), but I'll add a more clear navigation bar like the one at the top to the bottom eventually.

I didn't think of this. Thanks!

Kevin wrote:

Perhaps making it so logged-in users who tap the thread title go to the first unread post might be better...

I like this idea.